An Airbnb host tells you that their internet speed is 5 Mbps download. Will that be good enough to use the apps and websites that you need? Here’s how you can test it out:
1) Open a new tab in chrome. Click the three dots in the upper right-hand corner near your profile. Select "More Tools" and then "Developer Tools." Don't worry, we aren't about to do any coding.
2) Click on "Network" in the top menu bar.
3) Click "Online" and then "Add."
4) Add a custom profile! For example we entered the expected internet performance in Tahiti 🌴.
5) Click "Save" and then select your custom setting in the drop down menu.
6) Congrats! Within this tab, every page you load will now be throttled to your expected internet speeds.
Want to know the expected internet speed at an Airbnb listing? Try Roamer, an extension for google chrome.